A downloadable game
HARROWING is a diceless Micro RPG about a group of people having a really bad day. Whether locked on a spaceship with an alien, attempting a prison break, or forced to attend an uncomfortable dinner party, HARROWING provides a simple framework built for expression, tight resources, and difficult choices.
- No dice or luck! Instead, you are making tough choices on how to spend your very limited resources.
- Wordplay is a skill! The more cleverly worded your Resources are, the more options you will have during play.
- Extremely flexible! Can be used to run games in almost every genre from slasher to period drama.
- Easy to run! Requires very little prep work. Set the scene and let the players loose!
RHYTHM OF PLAY
- A typical game lasts between 5-7 scenes.
- The narrator sets a scene and establishes the stakes. Within that scene is at least one obstacle that needs to be overcome.
- Players spend will to take actions. Bold actions give the narrator doom.
- The narrator spends doom to take moves. Players have the opportunity to resist soft moves. Hard moves cannot be resisted.
- When there is a major change or a natural break point, the narrator starts a new scene.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
If you're in need and can't afford a copy of the game, help yourself to a community copy. Every sale contributes more copies to the pool.
- Two new scenarios!Jul 27, 2020
- 1.0! HARROWING is officially launched!Jul 25, 2020
- v 0.12Jul 20, 2020
- v 0.11Jul 12, 2020
- v 0.10Jul 08, 2020
- Scenarios!Jun 21, 2020
- v 0.09Jun 17, 2020
- v 0.08Jun 08, 2020
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.